Train Railroad Simulator 2004 SP3 Release Notes - August 2004
Service Pack 3 for Trainz Railroad Simulator 2004 has been further optimized from SP2 to reduce the stuttering reported by some users when large amounts of scenery objects were being loaded whilst moving around the map. It has been tested to ensure compatibility with SP2-compatible assets.
The large number of features that were added in SP2 have been continued with SP3. For more information on the features contained within SP2, please read the SP2 Release Notes here.
ONLY APPLY SP3 FOR TRS2004 TO TRAINZ RAILROAD SIMULATOR 2004. DO NOT APPLY THIS SERVICE PACK TO ULTIMATE TRAINZ COLLECTION OR TRAINZ.
- You need to verify that you are downloading the correct patch for your build. To do this, launch Trainz and look for your Trainz Build Number located at the bottom right hand side of the splash screen and note down the Build Number for later.
- Select the Quit button and return to the desktop.
- Download Service Pack 3 for Trainz Railroad Simulator 2004 to your desktop, or to some other convenient location.
- Locate where you downloaded the service pack to and double click on it to launch the installation from your hard drive.
- Follow the prompts to install SP3 for TRS2004.
- TRAIN DETAIL POLY SLIDER
We have increased the default detail level of trains. If you are experiencing slower framerates, lower the slider accordingly.
- MULTI-INDUSTRY and PORTAL TUTORIALS
(present in all versions except US / AUSTRALIA RELEASES)
We have added the Multi-Industry and Portal Industries that were previously only available through a download link on Trainz Exchange. For more details on this new feature, please read the SP2 release notes.
Problems have been noticed when Hyperthreading is turned on, most noticeably a problem where a baseboard fails to draw. Turn off Hyperthreading if you are experiencing this problem.
- Use the Technical Support form to report bugs:
- Fill in all the fields with as much information as you can gather.
- Please do not say "I have the latest drivers" state the driver version you have.
- Explain the problem as clearly and concisely as you can.