Trainz Railroad Simulator 2006 Limited Edition DVD includes:
- TRS 2006 on DVD
- Limited Edition metal case
- 330 page colour manual
- Keyboard shortcut foldout
- Bonus 30 minute train movie
- 6 month first class ticket (download station)
*Trainz Railroad Simulator 2006 Limited Edition DVD available online ONLY!
Trainz Railroad Simulator 2006 (TRS2006) sets new standards of realism and immersion in operating a virtual railroad.
TRS2006 ships with fully realized routes that include a wide range of activities that users can immediately enjoy. Run long haul freight services, high-speed passenger runs or challenging yard operations as you service a huge variety of interactive stations and industries.
TRS2006 significantly enhances the driving experience with improvements to the physics engine, adding to the challenge of keeping your train performing efficiently.
With thousands of items available for free on Auran’s Download Station including hundreds of locomotives and extra routes, TRS2006 includes a new asset management utility, making it easier for users to access and organize their content.
The Trainz tools and rules system have also been greatly improved to give you more flexibility than ever before in creating your own railroad experience. TRS2006 is the most complete railroad simulator ever developed!
Multiple levels of Interaction
Choose your level of interaction. Sit back and observe; manage multiple drivers and their tasks; or take direct control of any train at any time.
All new Localised Content appeals to regional markets
A mixture of historic, real world and imaginary routes as well as trains unique to various countries appeal to a wide audience.
• USA - Marias Pass Approach – Amtrak Genesis passenger and freight operations between Shelby and Cutbank. Numerous industries make for many activities to keep drivers busy on the slopes of the famous Marias Pass.
• Germany – Dresden to Nuernerg – a combination of modern regional and local freight and passenger services including the famous ICE train.
• UK – Hawes Junction – a branch line off the Settle-Carlisle route that runs through some picturesque Yorkshire landscape. A range of era’s are modeled with activities that include steam and modern diesel.
• Spain – Iberia – a Spanish “impressions” route that captures the flavor of the Spanish landscape around Madrid. A wide range of passenger/freight activities utilizing 1970’s to modern day rolling stock.
• Canada – Toronto Yards – a shunter’s dream in this historical recreation of the extensive CN/CP yards in Toronto in the late 1950’s. The time period allows both diesel and steam locomotives to ply the rails and makes for some intensive activities.
• Australia – Wadalbavale to Karrah Bay – this north NSW “impressions” route goes through some typical Australian landscape. Set in the late 1960’s the typical activities revolve around mail and light freight deliveries as well as the famous “Silver Comet” passenger train.
• Australia – Razorback – the “living railway”! Register with the Razorback website and get a constant stream of well-developed activities that track your progress. Think of it as a Driver career where your performance determines the tasks you are set!
• China – MagLev – Zip along at 500 kph (350 mph) suspended above the landscape on a magnetic cushion. The train of the future!
• Germany – Modula City – a light rail passenger route set in a busy fictional urban setting.
• USA – Narrowgauge – steamers from yesteryear rumble along narrow gauge rails hauling lumber along a scenic frontier line.
Routes with purpose
Deeper and more complex routes take advantage of the many new features added since TRS2004. These include Passenger and Freight Operations that immerse the user in a living, breathing world.
Major additions to the physics engine include wheelslip and coupler breakage. Combined with several other modifications, these add to the realism and provide a more challenging experience for the virtual driver.
The view camera can now be placed within passenger cars, giving the user the experience of riding along a train as a passenger.
iTrainz in-game messaging
iTrainz allows for messaging between players while playing routes with the iTrainz Chat Rule enabled. Simply add users to your Friends list and you’ll be informed when they are online.
iPortal (player to player gameplay)
An iPortal is a variation on the existing portal, except instead of sending a train within a map the iPortal allows players to send trains from one iPortal enabled map to another player’s map, even if the receiving player is offline!
New Object type: “Backdrops”
There is now the ability to create objects that they are always rendered regardless of the view distance settings. This enables “backdrop” objects to remain visible allowing the user to set up landscaped horizons such as mountains and skyscrapers.
New Track types: Animated Turnouts
TRS2006 provides support for animated turnouts, giving trackwork a more realistic appearance.
Content Manager Plus
Content Manager Plus combines the abilities of several tools into one, making it easier for users to access and organize their content. Users now have the ability to browse Auran’s extensive download station of over 30,000 assets without needing to be online.
Content Creator Plus
A new tool designed to help content creators create error-free content is included with TRS2006. Using the tool, the creator is able to somewhat automatically generate the necessary config files so that their content is able to be uploaded to the Download Station for other people to access and play with.
Expanded Schedule Functionality
Trains can be given schedules with set tasks. These tasks include abilities such as coupling and de-coupling, with the result being that trains now have the ability to perform even more realistic operations.
Expanded Script Support
A large number of additions have been implemented that allows scripters to make deeper and more interesting sessions and to include more custom content such as different track sounds and images for interactive industries.
User Interface Enhancements
An onscreen interface allows for control of a train while under Cab Control, without the player having to be in the Cab View (or use the keyboard controls).
Loading screens now give users information about the many features of the product along with handy hints and tips.
The Driver Session and Surveyor selection screens have been redesigned allowing for easier navigation of installed routes and sessions.
Functionality of the mini-map has been improved and now includes the ability to query industry and consist information.
A tutorial system designed towards helping new users understand how to play the game has been incorporated.
TRS2006 supports NaturalPoint’s third party device: TrackIR Pro3. Move your head and your view instantly responds independently of the mouse.
Official Website: www.auran.com/TRS2006