Planet Auran consists of a richly diverse range of people. These rules are intended to ensure that Auran is a place where individuals feel welcome and safe no matter what their age or background is. This means establishing a few basic rules of net etiquette and courtesy.
By using the Auran web site and associated services, you are agreeing to be bound by these rules. If you do not wish to be bound by these rules, then you should not register with Planet Auran. Auran reserves the right to change these rules at any time but will notify registered members in advance of any significant changes. Your continued use of the Auran web site means that you accept any new or modified rules.
The following rules establish the community standards that Auran moderators will enforce. Auran values freedom of expression on the site, but not at the expense of offending others. Registered members and visitors must abide by the rules or risk losing access to the site. Violation of the rules can result in deletion of posts and member profile pages together with suspension or permanent banning from the Auran group of sites and related services. All registered members and visitors are responsible for knowing the information contained in the rules.
By using the forums, IRC channels and Planet Auran personal profile pages provided by Auran, you agree to the following conditions:
- The forums, IRC channels and profiles are public forums.
- Ideas expressed on these areas of the site are considered a public publication.
Once published, the ideas can be used by other readers, including Auran, in their private developments without royalty or other reimbursement to you, the poster of the idea.
- You acknowledge that Auran does not pre-screen the content of the forums, IRC sessions and profiles, but Auran reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove any content that violates this agreement or is otherwise objectionable.
- You agree to indemnify Auran for others' reliance on any content posted by you that leads to their detriment. You further agree to indemnify Auran for any claims in defamation based on your postings.
- With respect to defamatory actions made by you, or on your behalf, against Auran, you acknowledge that Auran provides the forums as a type of electronic bulletin board and Auran is in no way a publisher.
Disruptive behaviour that will not be tolerated includes but is not limited to:
While Auran has no obligation to monitor the site, we do reserve the right to refuse to post or remove any posts, material or links that we deem unacceptable, offensive or in violation of the rules without further notice. We also reserve the right to suspend, prohibit or terminate the registration of any user who violates the rules from using the site or site related services without warning. Any suspended person trying to come back as another registered member may get an even longer suspension term. Auran is the sole arbiter of rule violations.
- Prohibiting other users from using and enjoying the site and services.
- Promoting discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Vulgarity and hate speech.
- Posting or transmitting any fraudulent, unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable, harmful, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- Impersonating another person, registered screen name or entity, including, but not limited to, a forum leader, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Discussing or promoting illegal activities.
- Graphic depictions of violence.
- Depictions of sexually explicit material. Do not post, transmit or link to sexually explicit material.
- Spamming, flooding, any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation is banned.
- Posting or transmitting any file that contains viruses, corrupted files, "Trojan Horses" or any other contaminating or destructive features that may damage someone else's computer.
- Do not post materials that infringe another party's copyright or other intellectual property rights or infringes any patent, trademark or trade secret.
- Do not upload or post any content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements).
You agree to indemnify Auran and hold us harmless from any actions, claims, proceedings, or liabilities arising out of your violation of these rules. You are responsible for all statements made and acts that occur through the use of your user name and password. So please do not disclose your password to anybody. If it has been lost or stolen you can change it within Planet Auran via the admin page of your profile.
If you are unsure of the appropriateness of a post, please contact Auran moderators or simply contact Helpdesk.
In summary, all of the above really means please remain friendly and polite. Have fun!